My Uncle Bluey. Writer / Director 16' (NITV, 2009)
A personal story about the things that tear families apart, what brings them back together, and how your family is your family. Always.
A very moving personal story with several unexpected twists ... the film has an assured execution and a confidence that I admire.
- Tom Zubryki.
My Uncle Bluey is a deftly structured film that presents a cluster of overlapping stories about family secrets … with a keen understanding of how to order the messy events of real life into a beguiling narrative.
- Fiona Trigg, Metro Magazine.
Producer: James Grandison. DOP: Rob Bygott. Editor: Henry Inglis. Score: Ash-Gibson-Grieg.
Awards / Screenings
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA) 2009 – Official Competition for ‘Short Documentary’ / International Premiere
- Sydney Film Festival - World Premiere
- Australian Director’s Guild (ADG) Awards 2009 – Winner ‘Best Direction in a Short Film’
- Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM) Awards 2009 – Winner ‘Best Documentary Short Subject’
- Australian Film Festival 2010 – Winner 'Best Short Film'
- London International Documentary Film Festival
- Berlin Independent Film Festival
- Flickerfest (Australia) 2010 – International Documentary Competition
- Pacific International Documentary Film Festival (FIFO – Tahiti) 2010
- Mumbai International Film Festival (India) 2010
- Edindocs (UK) 2010
- It’s All True Film Festival Sao Paulo and Rio De Janiero (Brazil) 2010
- DOXA (Canada) 2010
- DocMiami (USA) 2010
- Atlanta Shortsfest (USA) 2010
- Atlanta Docufest (USA) 2010
- Saint Tropez Film Festival (France) 2010
- Canberra Short Film Festival 2009 – Best Short Film
- Shorts Film Festival (Australia) 2009 – Merit Award
- Revelation International Film Festival (Australia) 2009
- Cinefest OZ (Australia) 2009
- Heart of Gold International Film Festival (Australia) 2010
- Wave Rock Weekender (Australia) 2009 and 2010
- NITV - various screenings